Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

God is able to do abundantly more.....

When some of our staff workers ask to speak to me, I know what they want to do- complain about management. Thats what I assumed last week when Rose asked to speak to me. To be honest, we have had Lambano management meetings where we have prayed for either a reason to fire Rose or for her to quit. In the past, she has seemed to stir up trouble where ever she was working.

I was thinking recently about the need to praise people for what they do well. Some people only hear what they are doing wrong and never hear anything positive. So, last week I mentioned to her in passing that I appreciated what a hard worker she is. She beamed from ear to ear.

The next day when I went to talk to Rose, I assumed that she was in trouble and wanted to win me over to her side. Was I ever wrong!!! Instead, Rose asked me what she could change to be a better worker. Currently, we are looking for people to promote to housemothers. Rose knows she would never be considered at this point for that position. She told me she really wanted to know what she needed to change about herself for this not to be the case. When she asked, she was very humble and open to what I had to say. Her spirit was entirely diiferent then what I have seen in the past. What an answer to prayer! She also mentioned to me how much what I had said meant to her. She said it had kept her up at might because she was so happy that people were saying nice things about her.

My suggestion to her was that we meet with Lyn (the Director of Lambano) to discuss what she thought Rose should change. We're doing that this coming Monday. I told her that we would then come up with a plan on how to work on some of the things she needs to change.

Ephesians 3:20-21
20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, 21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

No comments: