Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yesterday.......

So yesterday was one of those days that didn't exactly go according to plan. It was an incredibly cold day yesterday. In fact, we even had snowflakes in the morning. It also started off with some somewhat dissappointing news. In the afternoon, I needed to run next door and grabbed my set of keys to the front door. Now, I never come in that door and consequently have never needed to use a key to unlock it. I don't even normally carry the keys to my front door with me. I wondered as I pulled the front door shut if I should even bother to lock it but this is South Africa. So I did and figured it didn't matter because I had my keys with me anyway.

When I got home and went to unlock my front door, I came to the realization that my front door key does not work in the lock and none of the keys on that key ring work in that door or any other door. The great thing is that I have learned that my house is very hard to break into. It would take a lot of effort to get in one of the windows and past the burgular bars. 950 rand (about $150) later I was in. The other great thing is that I now have a key that works to my front door and finally have an extra set of keys in my desk at the church office (Something Brian encouraged me to do about two months ago. Why is he always right about these things???)

To end my evening, I discovered that my electricty was not fixed last week. With in a matter of 2 hours (of course 2 that I was trying to sleep through), it tripped 4 or 5 times. Midnight found me reminding myself of something my mother has often told me- God hasn't made a mistake yet and you aren't worth being his first one. Thanks Mom!

Romans 5:3-5
3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

No comments: