Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, August 18, 2006

The Week in Review

It's been a pretty heavy week here. I told Anita this week that God must really want to sanctify our church. Starting with Dick being shot on Sunday, the week seemed to be full of a lot of heavy issues that needed to be dealt with. A woman in our church had her husband die rather unexpectedly on Tuesday night. An other woman had surgery for breast cancer later in the week. Someone pretending to be a interested vistor wanting a tour stole cell phones from one of our staff workers this week during that tour. Another worker was staying with someone when a robber broke in. In trying to get away, she fell and broke her arm.

Then this week I also found out that one of the women I have been meeting with has been basically lying about her whole life- not just to me but to everyone. I'm thankful that God has choosen to reveal her lies this week but it has been sobering and honestly, really sad. I have spent hours counseling/ discipling her. Please pray that God would bring her to repentance and for wisdom in dealing with the situation.


I took some time this week to go visit two of our Lambano staff workers at their homes. Both of them participated in the 1976 Soweto uprising. This was when black school children marched against apartheid. If I remember right, 16,000 marched. Hundreds of children were shot and killed by the police. Thousands were arrested and many others simply disappeared during that day. Emma and Catherine both marched that day and it was amzing to hear their stories and gain a better picture of their life.

On a lighter note, the Lambano kids were in a ballet receital recently. They were fish and danced to the song "Under the Sea" Honestly, there is few things more entertaining then seeing 4 and 5 year olds try to dance.


Below is a group of the young adults from church. As someone reminded me today, I am no longer fit the young adult catagory but rather am now middle age. Yikes...... but they graciously allow me to hang out with them.

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

marda mack said...

Happy Birthday Beth! WE LOVE YOU!