Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Little Rock Team

The team from The Bible Church of Little Rock left last night. I think the best description for the team is consistent servant spirits. They were a true examples of people who look for needs and ways to meet them. While they were here, they hosted two Holiday Bible Clubs. The Bible Club at the church had about 30 children show up to it everyday and the one that was held at Mercy Bible Church, our church plant in the settlement, had about 130 children each day. Praise the Lord for the excellent turnout and continue to pray that God would use His Word in the children's lives.





In addition, the team helped to run our church camp this past weekend. We had over a 100 people from our church go to camp- which was a pretty exciting turnout given we have about a 150 people in our church. Tim Senn spoke on "Pursuing Holiness". His teaching was practical and convicting. It was especially encouraging to see people really spend time together sharing and getting to know one another.

Its been really good to have my brother here this last week. We've had a great time together- lots of good conversations and lots of laughs. He is finding how many South Africanisms I have begun to use humorous. I no longer call people. I phone them. Stop lights are now robots. I put stuff in the boot of the car and not the trunk. And I now say 'shame' and not 'that's to bad'. Who knows in a few years I might even have an accent :).

No comments: