Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, October 20, 2006

Life isn't about being comfortable

Can I be honest with you and tell you that I like America? I like having choices in the stores. I like being able to go to Starbucks. I like Macys. I like eating Mexican. I like not having to look over my shoulder all the time and I like feeling safe. I love being able to spend time with some treasured friends. I like going to my home church on Sundays. The bottom line is that life is comfortable in America and in many ways it would be easy to come back and live.

Honestly, I was a little surprised during my visit at how easy it was been to adjust back to life here. There is a sense that California is home. Now, don't get nervous. I'm not making any plans to move back and live in the states but it has caused me to do some thinking. I've thought about why I chose to move to South Africa. I didn't leave the states because I wanted to get away. I left and will stay because life isn't about being comfortable. Life is about being compelled by the love of Christ. When I think of the ulimate sacrifice that Christ made for me, ("He made Him who knew no sin to become sin on our behalf so that we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Cor. 5:21) it makes me realize that the sacrifices I am being called to make really aren't that big of a deal and are small in comparision to what God has done for me. It kind of puts things in perspective.

No comments: